Bubble Tea -Bristol

I'm going to whisper this because no-one really wants to acknowledge this, not just yet anyway. Christmas is on the horizon. Shh! I know, let's not talk about it right now. But this year, this year I'd like to try and be a bit more organised and not leave my shopping until the week beginning 24th December. So with this in mind I've been to Cabot Circus -just to look and get ideas you understand.

The Christmas lights are up and the Christmas stock is in and it pretty much gave me the Heebie Jeebies. I think crafting and cooking may well be the way forwards, but this requires planning and, I'm not sure how much anyone below the age of 18 years would value such gifts...

Wandering around shops is thirsty work but pleasingly, there is an oasis of calm and refreshment in Quaker's Friars in the form of Cupp Tea Bar. From a converted Citroen H van called Pearl, the Cupp Tea team sell comforting bubble tea. Made with milk -dairy or soya, tea -black or green, mixed with fresh fruit or flavouring and topped off with tapioca pearls (the bubbles). The bubbles add a rather pleasing chewy texture to the drink, although if that might not be to your taste, you can always have one without. But where's the fun in that?

We tried a coconut and a taro (a root vegetable with a sweet potato like flavour) drink, with black tea.  A welcome alternative to the tooth strippingly sweet 'Holiday Syrup' lattes that you can buy right now.

 
 
 
http://www.cuppteabar.co.uk/




Labels: , ,